Thursday, March 1, 2018

Slice of Life Challenge Accepted 

Write about something everyday ... easy right? Maybe not so much - - - where to find inspiration? How about eavesdropping......

Today I found myself on a train going to meet my friends at convention.  Younger teachers crowded around me, talking loudly, confidently about themselves, their students, their teaching, their hopes for the future, whether they wanted to go back to school or not to pursue masters degrees, become assistant principals..."do the religion degree, it's free" one says, "yeah it's free but I heard it's hard" the other answers, "yeah my friend got one class in an there was just too much reading so she stopped", " I think I am done with school, the reading, the tests the writing it's just too hard" the third answers ....

I chuckled to myself, knowing I was coming home to read, think, and write today and everyday in this challenge. I love the energy of convention, the people watching, meeting up with friends.  Today however, I felt old, or maybe odd. I like reading, learning, taking courses, challenging myself.  If it's too easy, is it worth it?

3 comments:

  1. I feel old, too. I could totally connect with you as you were sitting on the train. I thrive on the learning. Even after 23 years, I'm still a complete nerd when it comes to learning. You are not alone. I prefer where we are to where they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are wise, indeed. Eavesdropping provides top-notch fodder for writing. For instance, have you seen this: https://ed.ted.com/on/D8NXMUNJ ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I often feel old and odd, but in a good way these days. I agree with the comment above--I definitely prefer where we are to where they are!

    ReplyDelete

Slice of Life Challenge Accepted  Write about something everyday ... easy right? Maybe not so much - - - where to find inspiration? How ab...